31 March 2006

Gilbert O'Sullivan? How stylish!

Now I'm the sort of person who really *needs* to know what song was number 1 in the UK charts on the day I was born. Turns out it was 'Get Down' by Gilbert O'Sullivan, who history has mercifully erased from the public consciousness despite his 14 top forty hits. Perhaps it was because one of those hits was called 'Ooh Wakka Doo Wakka Day' (#8 in June 1972). My number 1 album is way cooler though: 'Houses Of The Holy' by Led Zeppelin. Rock 'n roll, man! And I share a birthday with a popstar too - Rachel Stevens, formerly of S Club 7 - she's the one who sang the excellent 'I Said Never Again (But Here We Are)' last year.

Anyway, you can find out the same vital information for your own edification at Everyhit. And for umpteen music-related anniversaries, try the trainspotterly-comprehensive but eminently browsable This Day In Music.

No comments: